African Games 2019: Egypt on the top of the medal tableSeptember 10, 2019
City of Matera counts down to 2020 Olympics with ‘Road to Tokyo’ exhibitSeptember 12, 2019
The second edition of the Mediterranean Beach Games took place in Patras from 25 to 31 August, with great success as the figures of the event prove:
- Four venues, three in Patras (“Artemis” at South Park, “Hera” at Agia Beach, “Pepanos” Pool) and one in Agrinio, (Stratos Lake).
- Two training fields, 2 non-competition venues, 6 temporary fields.
- 11 official sports and one demonstration sport (aqua walking).
- Participation of 26 countries with 645 athletes, including 421 men and 224 women.
- 66 referees and international judges
- 133 referees and national judges
- 12.082 tickets were sold
- In four sporting events tickets were sold out: on the opening ceremony and the closing ceremony, as well as the beach volley finals and the aquathlon.
- 345 medals were awarded in 55 ceremonies
- 1.120 volunteers (63% women and 37% men)
- 25,000 portions of food were provided during the Games
- 484 rooms have been used for accommodation in 22 hotels
- 145 media representatives covered the Games (67 journalists, 24 photojournalists and 54 accredited on television)
- 70 hours of HD TV coverage and live streaming in 40 countries via the Olympic Channel
- 50,000 people visited the event website
- 191 vehicles were used to transport athletes, referees and judges