Αfter the expiration of the deadline for the official announcement of candidatures for the organisation of the third edition of the Mediterranean Beach Games of 2023, the ICMG has received an official announcement from the following NOCs:
- Cyprus Olympic Committee for the City of Larnaca
- Italian Olympic Committee for the City of Pesaro
- Olympic Committee of Portugal for the City of Figueira da Foz
Subject to the approval of the ICMG Executive Committee at the forthcoming meeting on December 5th in Oran:
– the deadline for the submission of candidature files is the 31st of December 31st, 2019 at midnight (time of Athens).
– Candidate cities should send their candidature files to the Mediterranean NOCs by January 7th, 2020.
– Τhe election of the Host City for the 2023 MBG will be conducted by electronic voting during the first week of February 2020.
It’s the first time in the short history of the Mediterranean Beach Games that there are three candidatures.
The International Committee of Mediterranean Games Committee expresses its satisfaction for the three candidate cities, which show that the Mediterranean Beach Games, have been recognized and appreciated by the world sports community, although it is a new sporting event.