On 29 November 2013 the Executive Committee decided to create the ICMG Athletes’ Commission. The provisional Commission consists of 6 athletes from the following countries: Algeria, France, Greece, Lebanon, Serbia and Spain.
The members of the Athletes’ Commission are proud to serve as the voice of the athletes within the Mediterranean Movement. Their position is to defend the interest of the athletes and to create a link between the athletes and the ICMG.
The first elections of the Commission will be held on the occasion of the Mediterranean Games of Tarragona 2018 (22 June – 1 July). In accordance with the Regulation of the Commission, four athletes, two males and two females, will be elected in order to ensure a balance between the two genders.
The 26 ICMG member NOCs have been asked to nominate two candidates, a male and a female. All candidates are active or recently active athletes having participated at least in one of the last three editions of the traditional Mediterranean Games.
These are the 10 candidates:
- Mireia BELMONTE (ESP) – Swimming
- Ana Marija BUJAS CELAN (CRO) – Karate
- Ibrahim COLAK (TUR) – Artistic Gymnastics
- Mohamed FLISSI (ALG) – Boxing
- Soraya HADDAD (ALG) – Judo
- Vassiliki MILLOUSI (GRE) – Artistic Gymnastics
- Marijo MOZNIK (CRO) – Artistic Gymnastics
- Giovanni PELLIELO (ITA) – Shooting
- Giulia QUINTAVALLE (ΙΤΑ) – Judo
- Nur TATAR ASKARI (TUR) – Taekwondo
Click here to download the ICMG Athletes’ Commission Election Manual