Gold medalist in Tarragona, 2018 best athlete in GreeceDecember 18, 2018
The ICMG President visits MoroccoJanuary 7, 2019
The last meeting of the ICMG Executive Committee took place on November 23rd in Athens, Greece, where the headquarters of the ICMG are located.
- Following the proposals of the Technical Commission, EC members decided:
– to change the year of celebrating the Mediterranean Games from the 1st year to the 2nd year after the Olympic Games; this decision is to be officially ratified at the next ordinary General Assembly,
– to establish a core Sports Program of the Mediterranean Games (click below to see the new Programme), reducing the number of certain sports and events following a study on participation at the last 5 editions of the Games,
– to change some Technical Milestones:
• to open the Mediterranean Village 3 days prior to the Opening Ceremony and close it 2 days after the Closing Ceremony
• to fix the deadline for the short list 18 days prior to the Opening of the Games
- In the framework of the Financial Support to member NOCs, an additional amount of US $200.000 has been decided to be allocated to the National Olympic Committees, Members of the ICMG, based on their participation in the Tarragona Mediterranean Games.
- Given that the 1st Congress on the Future of the Mediterranean Games will be organized in the last trimester of 2019, it was decided not to organize any Seminars in the framework of the Development & Cooperation Commission in 2019.
- In view of the second edition of the MBG, a Rowing training camp is going to be organized together with FISA, in the framework of the activities of the Development & Cooperation Commission.
- The next ordinary General Assembly of the ICMG is going to be held in Patras, Greece, on August 24th, on the occasion of the second edition of the MBG.
- The second elections of the Athletes’ Commission will be held during the Mediterranean Beach Games of Patras 2019; two MBG athletes, a male and a female, will be elected.
- The next meeting of the Executive Committee will be held on April 4th 2019 in Patras, Greece, Host City of the MBG 2019.
Sports Program of the Mediterranean Games